Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Packing my bags...

Okay, I haven't really started packing my bags, but I'm certainly getting ready for General Conference, which is now less than a week away. There's a lot of big decisions before us, both stuff that matters a lot to people in the church and stuff that matters a lot to folks outside of it. Conference calls, blogs, email messages and more are flying around, attempting to help us navigate the complexities of the matters before us.

In the midst of it all, my heart was warmed by this account of one Sunday School class's attempt to change a section of the Book of Discipline, posted on the Oregon-Idaho Conference blog. I thought you might enjoy it too--and it's a little lesson in how people can participate in this thing called General Conference.

I'm mostly looking forward to the time ahead of us, and pray that it will be an occasion to celebrate the rich ministries of our United Methodist Church, and to make changes that help us more clearly embody the body of Christ in our world. I hope you'll keep us in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment